PoliRural H2020 Project Newsletter 12 is now available. Within the document you can find the latest information of the Project, including:
The development of Europe’s regions is based on thorough planning for the future. Some of the conclusions are the following:
- The majority of challenges identified by pilot regions are primarily related to the PROSPERITY of rural areas, particularly to the various reasons currently hindering the diversification of economic activities;
- The absence or low quality of digital infrastructure, limited skills and abilities to use advantages of good broadband, and poorly digitalized traditional sectors of the economy are central issues hindering pilot regions from becoming better CONNECTED rural areas;
- Pilot regions have identified just a few RESILIENCE-oriented challenges related to the ability to adapt to climate change, reducing the carbon footprint and nature protection;
- The pilot regions see improved governance of their regions as one of the most important results of the foresight process;
- The main precondition for digitalization and modernization of agriculture, industry and services is the availability and coverage of high-quality broadband and digital infrastructure in rural areas;
- The role of digital connectivity and the transition of the traditional economy is seen as an essential element that may contribute to the diversification of traditional sectors of the rural economy concerning the digitization of the agricultural industry and digital capacity building in the rural areas.
Co-creation in multi-actor approach in PoliRural Häme pilot
- How to improve stakeholders’ cooperation in the regional food sector to enhance the success of entrepreneurs? This was the main target when PoliRural with two other regional projects worked together on 10th of May 2022 in the “Meet together” event. Organizations of the Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners of Häme, HAMK University of Applied Sciences and Smart&Lean Hub Oy invited 20 people from 14 different organizations to meet face-to-face.
New press coverage of PoliRural at Ypaithros Newspaper
- On 12.04.2022, the thematic newspaper with national circulation, Ypaithros Chora, published an article concerning PoliRural project activities organised by the Greek pilot. The article describes the proposed rural development measures on critical regional issues related to the digitization and modernization of agriculture both in terms of improving productive activity and issues related to their environmental impact included in the PoliRural action plan.
PoliRural pilot Galilee: Meeting with the Minister of Communications
- Following the Eastern-Galilee Action Plan of PoliRural, on Wednesday, 11.05.2022, PoliRural pilot Galilee representatives met with PM Yoaz Hendel, the Minister of Communications, at the Minister’s Office in Jerusalem (and with the Minister’s Adviser – Yoram Halperin) to discuss the upgrading of the Galilee’s digitalization infrastructure.
FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS, PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CHECK TE FOLLOWING LINK: